Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
To run and supervise field (offshore and onshore) mechanical wellbore cleanout operations. Help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services. This is the fully qualified level job for Field Specialist, who have a demanding, hands-on job that makes use of the latest technologies to deliver solutions to our clients. Acts to manage field crews whenever necessary but also with a great deal of autonomy and responsibility. Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Responsibilities and duties:
This position is based in Doha, Qatar on a rotational or live-in basis. Preference will be given to live-in positions. Qualifications
- Familiar with inflow testing operations and proficient in hydraulic and differential pressure calculations.
- Knowledgeable in Wellbore Cleaning chemicals and fluids.
- Must be proficient in calculating basic oil industry volumes, pressures and forces.
- Understand different facets of field operations including but not limited to completions, remedial work-overs, milling operations, and cementation.
- Perform maintenance & repairs on company owned rental equipment in the field as needed.
- Accurate & thorough completion of job reports on a timely basis.
- Assist and/or supervise assembly or testing in the workshop as/if required.
- Available on a 24-hours call basis to respond to customer needs.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality and safety level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 5-10 years related field experience, preferably in an offshore environment
- High School Diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum, preferred 2 years College degree
- General product and downhole tool knowledge
- Proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as a minimum
- Good understanding of torque, drag, and hydraulic reports and able to run and understand simulation software
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Able to effectively work in a team, but also to be self-dependant