Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Technician, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Doha, Qatar
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In workshop environment, receives downhole tools, takes them apart and hand over for inspection, repairs and refurbishes tool to go back to the field following Weatherford maintenance procedures and policies. Must be able to diagnose issues and problems with tools/equipment. Primary activity is at workshop, troubleshooting, repairing, refurbishing, executing and/or planning preventive and corrective maintenance of field equipment and tools, helping to mitigate assets related non-productive time and improve overall field service delivery performance. All documentation to be completed and filed as required. Must be able to work effectively in a team. He/she may be required to attend a client location to perform his/her duties whenever an R&M task is deemed necessary to carry over a field operation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform day to day activities in accordance with the planned maintenance program.
- Monitor spare and consumable levels and inform Supervisor to source and re-order as necessary.
- Prioritise workload to maximise efficiency.
- Keep all relevant records and reports updated, with upmost attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform and review risk assessments specific to task being performed.
- Complete all functions in line with the QHHSE policy and procedures.
- Maintain a consistent level of equipment servicing by adhering to procedures and work instructions developing corrective action that may reduce ineffective and inefficient operation.
- Adhere to the area QHSSE policies and procedures in accordance with task training provided.
- Maintain workshop housekeeping.
This position is based in Doha, Qatar on a 3 month on and 1 month off rotation.
- Previous mechanical maintenance background, preferably in O&G
- Good understanding of hydraulic systems and pressure testing
- Basic knowledge of API and DS-1 inspection requirements and criteria
- Proficiency in using breakout/bucking unit preferred
- Knowledge of Gantry Crane and Forklift operation within a workshop
- General computer literacy and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook