United Kingdom - Hertfordshire, St AlbansJob Summary
We are seeking a Wastewater Network Modeller
/ Civil Engineer
to join our Water Utilities team to help deliver a range of large and complex water projects.
You will form part or our strong multi-disciplinary water team, delivering varied and challenging projects for a range of clients. You will work closely with our teams of engineers, hydraulic modellers, environmental scientists and technical specialists to deliver a wide range of water industry, flood risk management and drainage projects in the UK and overseas to a high level of quality. You will be able to work proactively and collaboratively to solve engineering problems to deliver benefits to the communities that we serve.
As Wastewater Network Modeller, you will be responsible for the delivery of complex tasks and projects, being able to manage the budget and programme for these tasks and projects. You will also support the development of junior members of the team, managing their input into projects and mentoring them.
We are ideally looking for experience of similar project work in the UK water sector, including areas such as: hydraulic modelling; drainage schemes; outline and / or detailed design of wastewater / water treatment schemes; options appraisals; engineering assessments; economic appraisal; engineering calculations; ; and flood risk management.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering field or equivalent qualification, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Post-qualification experience within the water sector working for a consultancy.
- Experience of performing hydraulic modelling of wastewater networks using Infoworks ICM/CS and / or InfoNET.
- Experience using GIS (ArcGIS / MapInfo / QGIS), AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D (or similar) and Microdrainage software.
- Experience of working for a Water Company framework consultant in a related role including adhering to Industry and Client Design Standards and Modelling Specifications.
- Successful delivery of projects to budget and programme.
- Report writing experience.
- Experience of performing hydraulic modelling using Flood Modeller / TUFLOW / HEC-RAS/ ESTRY.
- Experience of programming for the development of tools related to hydraulic modelling (e.g. Python, Ruby, Mat Lab, VBA)
- Awareness of hydrology including FEH, ReFH2
- Awareness of relevant legislation, regulations and design standards including Drainage and Wastewater Management Plans and process (DWMPs) and Drainage Area Planning
- Experience of undertaking engineering assessments, options appraisals, engineering calculations and / or economic appraisal.
- Experience of outline and / or detailed design, preferably of wastewater / water treatment schemes and / or flood risk management/ assessment or drainage schemes.
- Experience of preparing surface water drainage strategies including the design of Sustainable Drainage Systems.
- Ability to deliver reports, drawings and contract documents relating to water industry, flood risk management and drainage projects.
- Delegating tasks and technical mentoring of junior team members.
- Chartered, or aiming to become Chartered, with a relevant institution e.g. ICE, CIWEM.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Belfast - Clarence West, UK - Exeter, UK - Manchester - 1 New York StreetClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.