Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Plano, Texas, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Permit Technician - Plano, Texas
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides support for administrative functions in assigned department.
- Performs data entry and maintenance of company databases, directories and records.
- Answers all incoming calls; processes mail, faxes, copying, FedEx shipments, etc.
- Reviews building permit applications, plans and supporting documents for completeness, sufficiency of information, conformance with legal standards, and compliance with established building codes and regulations
- Process permit applications and issue permits
- Submits electronic applications and monitors status of permits from various jurisdictions
- Process plans for review acting as liaison between staff and client
- Process inspection requests and schedule inspections
- Process final packets for Certificates of Occupancy or Completion
- Answers questions and provide information regarding building department requirements, regulations and processes
- Performs a variety of essential record keeping duties, and maintains department record keeping and filing systems
- Performs related duties as directed
NOTE: Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- High school graduate, plus some office experience
- Experience in the construction industry or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent communication skills with high level of English proficiency, both written and verbal, with an exhibited high level of professionalism.
- Some college education, a plus
- Knowledge of general office equipment- copier/fax/scanner, phone
- Excellent customer service skills
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- High energy level and able to work in a fast paced environment
- ICC Permit Technician certification, a plus
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat). Knowledge and use of ERP systems (Deltek, Oracle, etc.) and Lotus Notes desired.
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with controlled climate. Outside office travel is limited.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with computer systems for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
External Job Description and Profile
External Job Description and Profile section. 2 of 2.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.