ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Wind Site Operations Manager
located in Dodge City, Kansas
. This position is responsible for managing and supporting operations of 300 MW wind generation site. Includes providing operational readiness support from construction to commercial operations as well as managing the day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the sites in line with corporate strategy and objectives while ensuring and nurturing safety of all personnel and equipment on the sites after project turnover to operations.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical and management support for the design, construction, commissioning and operations of the wind farm site.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, maintenance, reporting, fiscal and administrative functions of the site and for achieving company and group activities. Monitor and manage site performance and availability.
- Supervise site operating personnel and service providers, subcontractors, and consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications, budgets, schedule and corporate policies.
- Direct report includes two wind technicians.
- Attain substation technician certification within 12 months of hire date. Provide any necessary substation and BOP switching LOTO functions as required. Troubleshoot and repair HV/BOP systems as needed. Access relay log files.
- Manage and coordinate site NERC compliance process. Maintain substation log book.
- Manages all areas of responsibility consistent with: federal, state, and local regulations as well as environmental requirements; company policies and procedures; company's annual operations plan; legal and contractual requirements; and good wind industry practices while operating in a clean, safe, efficient and economical manner.
- Takes all necessary actions to protect the facility operating permits.
- Carries out all responsibilities under environmental legislation; develops and ensures adherence to proper procedures to prevent environmental spills; monitors, records, any non-compliances, and environmental spills; ensures proper training of personnel on transportation of dangerous goods; promotes awareness for the environment and the requirements of environmental compliance. Develops and utilizes a sites' Environmental Management System.
- Manages a safety program that complies with all Federal and State requirements ensuring the safe operation of the site regarding the public, employees and equipment.
- Communicates regularly with ENGIE company representatives (Regional Manager, Head of Renewable Generation, Asset Management, Engineering, Regulatory Compliance & Human Resources and Construction Management) for exchange, consultation, guidance and required approvals. Ensures the efficient and economical operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Ensure compliance with Purchase Power Agreements, WTG and Solar OEM service agreements and Partnership O&M and Asset Management Agreements with emphasis on optimizing assets and minimizing penalties while ensuring safety of personnel and subcontractors.
- Prepares annual operating plans, budgets and controls for operating at budgeted levels with appropriate justification and approval for variances including sites' outages (compliant with dispatching needs) and operating shift schedules to accommodate facility operation and scheduled maintenance.
What you bring:
- Technical diploma/high school diploma and Five (5) years' experience in a related industry. 2-year technical degree preferred. Must demonstrate a strong technical and managerial capability.
- Two (2) years previous experience in supervision of technical, operating or maintenance personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of wind power generating equipment and technologies and substations.
- HV switching and substation experience.
- Familiar with personal computers and their use for planning, budgeting, inventory control and database handling.
- Must be able to certify, as required to state and federal agencies, compliance with permits and regulations as the authorized agent for the company.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver's license.
- Strong leadership/management/communication skills
- Strong organizational/prioritizing skills
- Ability to make significant independent judgments.
- 25% travel-support planned and forced outages at other facilities including solar sites-may require overnight stay.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 50% of the work is performed indoors and 50% is performed outdoors. Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 25, 2021