Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Skills: Facilities Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Chilled Water Manager located in Iowa City, IA. Under the general direction of the Director, Energy Delivery at the University of Iowa, or authorized representative, lead and direct a team providing for the safe supply of Chilled Water to 100+ buildings on Main Campus at the University of Iowa. Manage the deployment of 18 chillers from four production facilities totaling 40,000 tons of cooling capacity and including steam and electric-driven chillers for maximum reliability and cost effectiveness. Manage the planning, prioritization, and execution of maintenance and improvement projects for all chillers, cooling towers and auxiliary equipment including valves and meters inside each building supplied with Chilled Water. Recommend capital projects to upgrade and expand the system and support project design and construction projects to enhance reliability. Implement extensive safety and training programs and maintain environmental compliances for the Chiller Plant staff and production sites. Understand and maintain a plant budget with the ability make critical decisions based on system reliability and customer needs.
What you'll do:
- Lead and support a group of 15+ team members that include - Operations, E&I, Water Quality, Supervisor, Maintenance Planner, and students.
- Ensure the Chilled Water plant has 24/7 operations and emergency staffing coverage.
- Build relationships with customers, especially those operating critical facilities, in order, to provide the best service possible regardless of operational or environmental circumstances.
- Continuously analyze chilled water demand and weather conditions to maximize efficiency of chiller plant equipment and staff utilization.
- With the help of operations staff develop a daily and weekly plan for efficient deployment of chiller units to meet weather-driven demand.
- Support and implement robust safety and environmental compliance programs including chemical safety, inventory, and reporting.
- Ensure Chiller Plant staff and equipment are compliant with all required safety and environmental trainings and compliances.
- Support a Maintenance Planner to develop and implement job plans and manage spare parts inventory.
- Support Supervisor in leadership, training, and development of chilled water technicians.
- Support Capital Project planning, design, and execution, including conceptualizing and prioritizing needed investments in Chilled Water system.
- Lead integration of all capital projects and equipment improvements.
What you bring:
- Degree in engineering or related science desired, but not required.
- Minimum two years of formal post-secondary education, or a combination of formal education and relevant experience in chilled water or industrial operations.
- Significant (5-7 years) experience in chilled water plant or industrial operations, preferably with operation of both steam-driven and electric chillers.
- Direct experience managing staff performance and development.
- Experience and proven commitment to implementation of robust maintenance management practices in and industrial or utility environment.
- Practical experience meeting safety and environmental compliance requirements for refrigeration equipment operations.
- EPA Section 608 Refrigeration Technician Certification is a plus, but not required.
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not typically exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 25, 2021