ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
This position requires experience with electrical and mechanical control systems for turbines in an industrial environment. This individual will:
- Review, comment, and PE stamp Electrical, Mechanical, Network, and Assembly drawings among other drawings and documents.
- Provide engineering support for retrofit control systems for nuclear steam turbines and plant auxiliary systems.
- Have the ability to work as a remote team member with minimal supervision and you will be expected to be disciplined enough and motivated enough to stay within the confines of project and customer schedules.
- Review contract documentation and customer specifications for technical impact.
- Apply knowledge of industry practices and standards to turbine control systems and auxiliary control designs.
- Support customer meetings, factory acceptance testing, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of control systems.
- Interact with customers and suppliers.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Have a strong history of organizational and time management tendencies.
- Have a strong customer service mindset.
- Travel up to 25% per year.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario.
- Resident of the Tri-County area (Bruce, Grey, and Huron counties).
- 5 years experience in an industrial environment
- Working experience of both Electrical and Mechanical Controls Systems
- Minimum 5 years power plant experience.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.