Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Clarington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a Quality Control Inspector/ Technician for upcoming large scale environmental projects located in Port Hope,ON. The projects will involve clean-up of historical waste, dredging and water treatment activities, retaining walls installation and monitoring. The succesuful candidate will be part of the quality team and verify the work is following the quality requirements.
- Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly QC submittals and field activities with the QC manager;
- Generate QC submittals as needed or assist the QC Manager in the request, review and control of timely receipt of QC submittals from suppliers;
- Perform field QC activities, to the appropriate training and qualifications, of relevant scope work.
- Coordinating, observing, and reporting inspection and testing activities with QC Manager, based on forecasted schedule to be completed;
- Ensure scope specific work is being carried out in accordance with relevant project documents (plans, procedures, work instructions etc.);
- Perform assessment or inspection of activities to ensure activities are compliant with the required documents;
- Identify gaps in the executing project documents for capture and correction in the issue log (or Quality Action Log);
- Raise identified non-conformances or potential non-conformances to the QC Manager or Lead for capture and correction in the issue log (or Quality Action Log);
- Conducting field QC inspections and reporting on the inspections as detailed in scope-specific project documents;
- Preparing daily and monthly QC reports detailing QC activities completed and their statuses (e.g. Monitoring of sensitive installations or conditions, Recording areas of failed tests);
- Notify, with objective evidence, to the Quality Control Lead and the Site Superintendent of field work that is carried out incorrectly or its execution will result in a non-conformance;
- In-situ compaction testing of material, in addition to collecting samples of the material for gradation and proctor results.
Skills / Qualifications
- College Diploma, coupled with 5-7 years project related experience;
- Strong Microsoft Applications experience, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Experienced in working in environmental projects as an inspector;
- Strong communication and written skills (Reports neatly written, legible, and provide a good understanding of the conditions in the site for the day);
- Strong organizational skills, judgment and flexibility;
- Must be able to obtain Reliability Status Clearance, which requires an applicant to have lived in Canada for the past 5 years - Additional security clearances will include, criminal record check, police check and credit check;
- Exposure to an ISO 9001 QMS is an asset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.