This role has overall responsibility for Bently Nevada platform quality and leads initiatives to improve product compliance, customer experience, risk, continuous improvement, and cost of quality. Ideal candidates should demonstrate a passion for collaboration and expanding a culture of open reporting of quality issues. This role directly reports to the Global Quality Leader and will be located in Minden, NV.Responsibilities
Maintain site ISO certification with a focus on the Quality Management System (QMS) vitality and effectiveness
- Drive QMS procedural compliance while leveraging a common QMS across Bently Nevada.
- Identify and manage internal audit plan for responsible sites and support external agency/customer audits
- Audit departments to the QMS, to verify procedure validity, functional compliance, and discover improvement opportunities
Develop and deploy effective platform Quality Metrics to all business and functions within Bently Nevada.
- Consolidate various quality data (CoQ, CIR, TNPS, QMS) to manage metrics on a regular basis for staff reporting and in order to identify areas for continuous improvement activities
- Work with finance and Bently Nevada regional sites to report accurate Cost of Quality data
- Drive CIR cases to timely resolution
- Provide business case analyses to drive further product quality investments
- Analyze product defects, project losses, process deficiencies, and voice of the customer to prioritize and launch continuous improvement projects.
- Lead Cross Functional Root Cause Analysis on customer issues, non-conformances, and detractor issues
- Facilitate Corrective and Preventive Actions. Mentor others on proper application of CI tools
- Assist in developing, facilitating and reviewing LEAN projects
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 3 years of experience managing direct reports
- Six Sigma, Lean Certification, or Scrum Master certifications
- Experience applying Quality System Planning and Quality Improvement methodologies
- Atleast3yearsofpracticalexperiencewithandknowledgeofQAsystems. Extensive experience with internal or external system audits.
- Direct leadership experience in Quality
- Demonstrated capability leading problem solving teams
- Willingness to partner across functions and product lines to drive outcomes
- Executive level communication skills
- Responsible for meeting customer/business needs as well as developing direct reports
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.