Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an opportunity available in Burnaby, BC for a Construction Manager - Infrastructure.
We are seeking a motivated candidate who combines strong technical and construction management skills, with a keen ability to ensure that construction remains on schedule and on time for delivery.
Day to day on site management of construction projects will include:
- Assist the Engineers with the design work for road and highway construction projects.
- Coordinate and participate in road inspections
- Coordinate and supervise survey crews, material inspectors & contractors
- Preliminary engineering of new roads and road rehabilitations
- Detailed design and design check of roads/highways
- Preparation of tender documents
- Construction and post-construction engineering
- Contract preparation
- Liaise with existing clients, involvement with proposal and project presentations
Skills / Qualifications
- 15 + years of relevant construction management experience.
- CET, EIT or P.Eng would be considered an asset
- Familiar with the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3d, and other road design software, would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with British Columbia Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (BC Moti) Transportation Standards is required for this role
- Demonstrated experience supervising highway construction and base paving operations is required for this role
- Experience working as an Engineering Consultant is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written at multiple levels of an organization required
- Excellent people management skills required for this role
- Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle
- Must be able to travel out of town and be willing to work extended hours as required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.