Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently sourcing Expression of Interest candidates for Lead Maintenance Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Wood is looking to source and speak with candidates who have worked in a similar role in the past or present who has a proven track record and can confidently step into and undertake a new role quickly.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter discipline input and consultancy on maintenance, reliability and asset management work scopes, which may include the following specific activities: maintenance strategy development; critical spares reviews; maintenance data builds; data cleansing; reliability, availability and maintainability modelling; FMEA / RCM; RCAs; and criticality assessments
- Provide technical leadership on assigned maintenance data build, cleansing or optimization projects
- Undertake reviews and peer assists in accordance with OMS Review and checking procedures
- Review and approve assigned Wood deliverables
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Provide consultancy technical support to the wider Wood business
- Ensure that Wood delivery methodologies incorporate industry recognized best practices
- Provide consultancy specific input to scope definition and execution for business development proposals and new project work scopes
Performance Indicators (Indicative):
- Repeat custom by means of first-class service delivery
- New custom by means of first-class solutions and proposals delivery
Skills / Qualifications
- Time served or degree qualified with industrial experience as a maintenance consultant
- Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Intellectually capable, can apply maintenance consulting theory
- Diligent and dependable in consistent application of established process
- Professional demeanor with appropriate interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written communication [technical report writing]
- IT Literate (Excel / Word)
Discipline Specific (Mandatory):
- Maintenance data builds and data optimization projects
- Development and application of qualitative risk-based maintenance tools
- Maintenance, repairs and spares strategy development
Discipline Specific (Not mandatory but considered advantageous):
- Asset reliability, availability and maintainability
- Asset economics and application of whole lifecycle costing principles
- Quantitative risk and reliability techniques
- CMMS, EAM or ERP implementation projects
- Inventory management
- Flexible - able to comply / adapt to company / client requirements
- Ability working to and delivering to deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other personnel from other disciplines.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and provide effective trouble shooting.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.