Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently sourcing Expressions of Interest from Senior Maintenance Engineers from all disciplines that work in the development of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) data builds, data cleansing and optimization projects - as well as improving performance, capability and growth of the CMMS data business and the use of the IMD, Integrated Maintenance Database (i.e. Wood's proprietary CMMS Build Tool.)
- Execute assigned personal objectives with limited direct guidance and supervision
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific OMS and client procedures in execution of work activities. Provide feedback for continuous improvement of procedures, if applicable
- Ensure self - awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Provide discipline technical support to the wider OMS business
- Provide discipline specific input to scope definition and execution for new project work - scopes
- Clearly communicate any identified improvements to service execution to project assigned Team Leads
- Provide coaching and mentoring of junior position personnel directly assigned by UK Maintenance Manager
- Effective delivery of assigned work scopes in accordance with applicable OMS or client Process and Procedures
- Attain and sustain Maintenance Engineer competency profile
- Agree and action personal 'My Success Plan' with project assigned Team Leads
- Please note that this role is an Expression of Interest only at this stage
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, B.Eng., HNC, HND or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- NVQ or equivalent trade - based qualification with hands on industrial experience in Mechanical
- Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Demonstrable involvement in supporting development of maintenance strategies using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), preferably Maximo and / or SAP
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office packages, competent in the use of presentation systems (MS Visio / PowerPoint) and database systems (MS Access) with respect to database creation, query building and data manipulation
Job - Specific Skills:
- Intellectually capable, can apply maintenance theory in a practical context
- Diligent and dependable in consistent application of established processes
- Professional demeanor with appropriate interpersonal skills
- IT Literate (Excel / Word)
- Flexible - able to comply / adapt to company / client requirements
- Ability working to and delivering to deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other personnel from other disciplines.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and provide effective trouble shooting.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.