Skills: Legal, Quantity Surveying, Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Lead to join our team in the Melbourne Office. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this role will lead and manage the subcontracts function on the contract(s); mentoring and coaching direct reports in processes and procedures, personnel development and training to support the day to day subcontracts administration and related activities for one of Wood's key client portfolios.
- Manages the Wood subcontracting process on a suite of established Papua New Guinean and Australian contracts
- Champion the flow down and adoption of Wood HSE policies and procedures by subcontractors
- Develop the HSE culture within the supply chain to ensure no damage or harm to people
- Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and procedures are complied with and all actions are auditable, also maintaining the highest personal, professional and ethical standards
- Stewardship of all dealings with subcontractors so that they are carried out in accordance with the Wood core values, the Wood Code of Ethics and the Wood processes and procedures
- Development of subcontract strategies for projects to ensure the best commercial and technical solution for Wood and clients
- Implementation of approved project subcontracting strategies and overseeing the full pre-award subcontracting process to ensure the Wood delivers as per project requirements
- Ensuring terms and conditions flow down from main contracts to minimise Wood exposure
- Development, implementation and management of incentive schemes and Key Performance Indicators
- Overseeing all post award activities including; change management, reporting, billing, audits, rate renegotiation and other associated issues
- Leading the development of strong mutually beneficial relationships with all key subcontractors, including regular subcontractor performance management reviews
- Ensuring processes and systems for gathering, maintaining, filing, analysing and reporting information on all aspect of subcontracting, including planning and cost efficiencies are in place and complied with
- Implementation of Wood global and regional subcontract processes and procedures and communication to relevant personnel
- Support to various internal customers (Site Supervisors, Assignment/Project Managers, Engineers) in commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with subcontractors
- Supervision, mentoring and support of subcontracts personnel in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Skills / Qualifications
- Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in supply chain management, law, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline, or an equivalent level of work experience
- High level of commercial and contractual awareness, in particular with EPCM or EPC contract delivery models
- PNG/International Subcontracts experience preferred (but not essential)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced ERP (Oracle/SAP) system skills.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Subcontracts Lead, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.