Skills: Cost Engineer, Estimating
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently looking for Senior Estimator to strengthen our team in Dubai. This is a home office position
Purpose: Deliver high quality internal cost estimates to the Project/FEDM Team accross a portfolio of brownfield/greenfield projects.
- Delivering high quality cost estimates (all types), utilizing cost estimating methodologies and tools to produce cost estimates inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and cost.
- Incorporate project complexity factors and assemble key input data such as project objectives, scope and execution plan.
- Maintain Estimate Basis for all project cost (including non-technical) to document how estimate was developed, and all assumptions used
- Assist with the identification and assessment of key project risks and linking these risks to the impact on the cost estimate (both deterministic and probabilistic).
- Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks. Develop P10, P50, P90 estimates.
- Manage reviews and assurance of cost estimates. Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
- Help the project team to fully understand the risk/cost/schedule trade-offs so that they can make better informed business and commercial decisions.
- To prepare Life Cycle Costs estimates in close co-ordination with the operation & maintenance department
- Prepare commercial proposals, supply bid evaluation services and negotiating support to the project teams with regard to cost estimating issues.
- Review scope change requests for impact on total installed cost.
- Work with Planning & Cost Engineers to ensure alignment of planning, cost estimating and cost control.
- Be able to acquire initial information on Market Intelligence and perform benchmarking.
Additonal Comments/Special Challenges
- Monetary Measures: portfolio of multiple concurrent brownfield and greenfield projects $US 1m to ~$1b (> $US 1b p/a.) all at different phases of project lifecycle
- Working with offices in several different locations including BGC FEDM/Projects and Shell P&T offices Estimators
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience in capital projects estimating positions
- Experience with onshore brownfield and greenfield work scope and estimating and able to deliver both using traditional bottoms up detailed estimate methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Fully versed with Cost Estimating/Risk Tools.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.