At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're powering them, too. We're transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer working with our Dallas/Fort Worth building design Team, you'll support highly confidential clients across the world to design buildings that span from the Mission Critical Market, Data Centers, Advanced Facilities, Campus Planning and more. Our clients are unique in that they foster a peer development approach by working with the multi discipline teams as one cohesive team. You will be most successful if you embrace their team and our team of Architects and Engineers as a collaborative team. They will face a myriad of issues and lean on you for expert advice as you steer them through providing sound solutions and strategy.
It is a natural progression because of the high visibility and contact with confidential projects and clients to have the opportunity to develop existing relationships and identify new clients to secure new business opportunity.
Your project leadership will be focused on developing electrical systems for power generation, distribution and microgrid applications. Technical expertise includes power generation and distribution systems, substations, protective relaying schemes, coordination and development of relay settings to interface with advanced SEL systems, preparation of electrical equipment specifications, participation at factory acceptance testing for electrical equipment including switchgear, high voltage breakers, GIS, transformers, and generation control equipment. Coordination and planning for electrical interconnection of new generation assets and associated equipment to the utility power grid. System modeling and calculations include lightening protection, grounding, load flow, short-circuit, and arc-flash analyses. Protective relay setting development, calculation, and coordination studies, including SCADA and SEL RTAC systems. Development of construction document packages including required specifications and drawings that will be utilized for bidding and construction.
Working together, we'll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future - big and small, global and local.
This is a remote position, with the option to go into the officeQualifications:
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Registration (P.E.)
- At least 10 years detailed experience in the development and implementation of power process electrical systems for building and design
- Successful track record of technical quality management while meeting established project schedule and budget requirements
- Travel ability
- At least 5 years project management experience, including scope and fee development, for power generation, distribution and microgrid projects in various market segments such as district energy, mission critical, federal, rail, or water
- Production of design packages using 3D AutoCAD, Revit, SmartPlant, or equivalent