Skills: Commercial Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London , United Kingdom
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: Principal Consultant - Sustainability & Assurance
Package: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance & Commission
We are looking for a Principal Consultant to join our market-leading Sustainability & Assurance practice. This is a pivotal role to support the expansion of Sustainability & Assurance and the ability for Bureau Veritas to more consistently deliver multi-disciplinary projects for customers and scope their specific needs with solutions and new services.
The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of the market and services with a proven ability in winning work through building strong client relationships and a proactive approach to business development. The role will also provide high quality technical consultancy clients.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
- 70% of New Sales Generation £500k
- Business development and the preparation of proposals to win new contracts. You will also be responsible for the quality and delivery of your work and will work alongside other consultants including Business Area Managers, Business Development Managers, Bid Managers and Marketing to incorporate your contribution into wider project outputs
- Actively participate in sector leader governance meetings and support agile direction of the business which is aligned to the delivery of multi-discipline projects to customers
- Pro-actively seek out opportunities to build relationships with our clients to give BV a clear insight into their business structure, operations and projects
- Proactively seek out relationships and engage with people at all levels in the Bureau Veritas (Sales, Marketing, Bid, Technical Centre) to provide clients with high quality technical consultancy
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry trends and work with the internal stakeholders to ensure proposed client solutions are achievable, profitable, realistic, and meet client requirements.
- Represent Bureau Veritas at industry events and company roadshows.
- Keep abreast and maintain knowledge of industry trends and competitor offerings, in order to act as the subject matter expert both internally and externally.
- Be proactive in identifying and pursuing new business leads to contribute to the growth of the Technical Centre Consultancy
- 30% Fee earning
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients;
- Contribute to and manage the delivery of projects on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to undertake regular project reviews;
Experience & Skills required
- Degree qualified in technical / consulting subject area (or experience working in technical field)
- Strong business acumen and understanding of budgeting, sales process
- Proven ability in winning work
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to impact and influence others
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective collaboration
- Technical knowledge and understanding of services
- Strong motivator, relationship builder, and strategic thinker with analytical skills
- High level of personal drive and commitment; strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there.
- Ability to prioritise and schedule objectives to optimise time, cost and quality
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.