Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Water Treatment Services Manager located in Iowa City, IA. Under the general direction of the Director, Energy Delivery at the University of Iowa, or authorized representative, lead the business of providing high quality water treatment services to customers on the university campuses. Responsible for profit and loss for the group, ensuring that water production quality is maintained, and customers are kept informed of maintenance activities. Works with Planner to ensure that work and expenses are accurately charged. Advises design professionals and works with contractors to ensure that design and construction of new systems meet requirements to allow for proper flushing, disinfection, sampling, and maintenance access are met. Develops written design standards for water treatment systems and processes. Aids customers in solving water quality problems that arise in their facilities and systems. Conducts reviews of completed construction for purposes of signaling acceptance of finished product. May also directly perform sampling and maintenance activities as needed to support the workload of the group. Works with Planner to develop and implement a robust preventative maintenance program.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for financial performance of the Water Treatment Services Group, including expenses and revenues; working with the Director, Energy Delivery, and Manager Financial Analyst at the University of Iowa site.
- Meets with customers to develop relationships, communicate services recommended and provided, explain costs as required, and track and report on quality of water produced.
- Hires and train technicians and student employees as required.
- Works with Planner to assign and schedule work for technician and student employee staff utilizing the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Interfaces frequently with ENGIE CAPEX team and University of Iowa Design and Construction to provide key input to design projects and prepare to provide support to projects when required.
- Ensures that data collected from sampling and monitoring efforts are utilized to broadly inform team members and customers for the purpose of determining and tracking the water quantity and quality produced and determining maintenance needs, including development of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Implements ENGIE Safety Programs.
- Collects and prepares water samples for tests to be performed by outside agencies, as required by law, including: State Hygienic Laboratory, Iowa Department of Environmental Quality, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Iowa Water Plant Operation Certification Board, Iowa Department of Health, Iowa Department of Environmental Health.
- Performs and/or coordinates general maintenance and calibration of water treatment equipment, in order, to maintain maximum performance of equipment and processes.
What you bring:
- Certification by the State of Iowa as a Grade II, or higher, Certified Water Plant Operator.
- Minimum of two years of formal education in Water Treatment, Chemistry, Environmental Science or equivalent field of study.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience, or a combination of directly related experience and/or education.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience servicing water treatment processes including all or most of: distillation, deionization, softening, reverse osmosis, disinfection, de-chlorination, and treatment of pools and spas.
- Experience with implementation of a Computerized Maintenance Management System and effective Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of business functions including; financials (profit and loss), work order systems, charge-out rates, customer interface, and procurement processes.
- Knowledge of quantitative laboratory procedures including tests for alkalinity, water hardness, stability index, free and total chlorine, fluoride, turbidity, color, total dissolved solids, suspended solids, pH, corrosion rates, phosphate, lead, copper, coliform bacteria, heterotrophic bacteria plate counts, and other water testing procedures.
- Knowledge of mathematics including English/Metric system conversion factors and formulas for area, volume, density, dosage, pressure, flow, detention time, chemical feed rates, and solution strength.
- Knowledge of chemistry including chemical formulas for mass balances, softening reactions, neutralization reactions, disinfection reactions, corrosion reactions, and other water treatment related processes.
- Knowledge of biology, microbiology, and human health including the life cycles, pathogenic characteristics, and water treatment disinfection strategies for algae, bacteria, protozoa, viruses, and other organisms.
- Knowledge of computers, instrumentation, and software systems for process analysis, supervisory control and data acquisition, data processing, and report generation.
- Knowledge of safety programs including confined space entry, falls, forklift, lockout, process safety and risk management, respirator, and chemical right to know.
- Knowledge of Iowa Department of Natural Resources and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations for water treatment, water distribution, wastewater treatment, recreational water use, backflow prevention, and related water systems.
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not typically exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 22, 2021