Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical/Construction Materials Engineer to join our Salt Lake City team. This individual will provide senior engineering expertise, quality assurance and will lead the expansion of our materials and geotechnical business lines. Will assist with business development, project delivery and will manage projects from start to completion.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will lead business development efforts. Provide diversification, development and growth of construction materials engineering and testing and geotechnical services through new business opportunities and expansion of business with existing clients using the seller/doer model
- Manage technical, budgetary and schedule performance to achieve client satisfaction and repeat business
- Manage proposal preparation including innovative technical approaches and competitive pricing. Will prepare and perform client presentations
- Project-related responsibilities will include project management, senior review and quality assurance of work products developed by the office staff
- Will manage multiple and/or technically difficult projects and will have the authority to commit company resources
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field
- PE in Utah
- 15+ years related construction materials engineering and testing and geotechnical experience including project management and marketing experience
- Proven supervisory skills and a leadership style that promotes participatory management technique teamwork, innovation and results
- Experience with one or more discipline including environmental, oil and gas, transportation or water resources
- First-hand knowledge of Utah clients
- Demonstrated successful experience in project management, including: development of technical approach, budget and schedule; monitoring project performance; client stewardship; delivery of technically superior work products, on time and within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be experienced in subsurface exploration, soil classification, analysis for shallow and deep foundations and report preparation
- Must be experienced in construction processes and in-construction geotechnical recommendations.
- Knowledge in construction materials (hot mix asphalt, Portland cement concrete, aggregates, and soils)
- Knowledge and experience in field and laboratory testing, laboratory analysis, and non-destructive testing
- Knowledge of pavement design, pavement materials evaluation and/or pavement management is a plus but not required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.