Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Wood is hiring and we have Construction Materials Engineering Technician opportunities with our Albuquerque, New Mexico office.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative.
We have opportunities for experienced technicians with ACI, NMTTCP and other certifications. We also have opportunities for motivated individuals without construction materials field / laboratory testing experience looking to start a career.
Key Responsibilities :
- Construction Materials Testing Engineering Technician needed to join our Albuquerque, NM team to perform field inspections and observations for roadway, structure, utilities and bridge construction projects
- Will perform soil, concrete, asphalt and masonry testing
- Will provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Will monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Will interact with client representative (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data
- Will travel within New Mexico and possibly other western states to support other Wood offices - Approximately 20% overnight travel
- Will assist in the lab conducting asphalt, aggregate and concrete testing as needed
Skills / Qualifications
Basic/Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A recent graduate with a BS in Civil Engineering would also be a good fit for this opportunity
- Valid Driver's License required
- Reliability - must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation
- Ability and willingness to travel within New Mexico and possibly other western states to support other Wood offices - Approximately 20% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Preferred Qualifications :
- ACI certification preferred but not required
- 1+ years of Materials Testing experience
Physical Demands :
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work in variable outside conditions
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.