The Productivity Product Engineering team and service fall within the Productivity & Collaboration portfolio. The team develops and supports productivity and collaboration products for use at scale across bp, employing Agile working techniques to undertake technology POCs and launch & support products and services in support of frictionless business user productivity and collaboration experience globally.
You will specialize in engineering and management of applications, platforms and SAAS products that enable productivity and collaboration. You'll act as a lead for new and existing product innovation, design and build, including customization of software and technical platforms for BP colleagues and external users. Primary activities will be leading the development, customization, testing and support of Productivity and Collaboration products, application and platforms, as well as owning end to end technical designs and processes.Key Accountabilities
- Team: Work in teams of Software Engineers and Business Analysts to translate relevant business requirements into designs for technical platforms.
- Platforms: Work with the team to create a clear vision & maximize value from current applications & emerging technologies, demonstrating technical thought leadership
- Relationships: Contribute to the continuous improvement of the wider team by supporting & coaching Platform Engineers & improving the quality standards & efficiency of delivery
- Technology: Build awareness of internal & external technology developments, managing the delivery of process & system improvements
- Safety & Compliance: Lead & promote a culture of security & compliance
Desirable Experience and Capability
- Preferably a Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science.
- Years of experience: 8-12 years, with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- O365 technical Specialism: Maintains expert level knowledge and certification of O365 products, enterprise scale tenant administration, roadmap management and managing complex O365 integrations and deployments. Provides detailed advice and technical authority across the O365 platform and suite of products and executes specialised tasks, for example scripting and product/feature enhancements.
- Availability Management process, operations and tasks.
- Capacity Management: monitoring and initiating actions to resolve shortfalls
- Emerging Technology Management: Aware of opportunities provided by new technology
- Use of methods and tools
- Programming / Software Development: Design, code, test, correct and document complex programs and scripts
- Release and Deployment including building and testing.
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Systems Design: Specifies user/system interfaces
- Systems Installation and Decommissioning
- Appropriate engineering certifications on Platform technologies. ServiceNow AWS; Azure;
- Confidence in other non-Microsoft collaboration tools and emerging technologies, for example Mural, Digital Event technologies and platforms.
- Confident working with commonly used network equipment in an enterprise environment (such as Cisco, Juniper, HPE/Aruba, etc).
- Exposure to adjacent domains such as platforms, storage, databases, etc. You know your way around a command-line.
- Understanding of modern development methodologies (Agile using Scrum and/or Kanban).
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, Lean, flow, eliminating waste.
- Experience of modern approaches to source-code management and control through tools such as TFS and Git/GitHub.