bp is transforming and at our Digital Hub in Pune we are growing the digital expertise and solutions needed to advance the global energy transition.Role:
People ManagerRole Synopsis
A Discipline of technology service experts providing core engineering capabilities in service development, maintenance, testing, operations and ongoing improvement. Primary activities will focus around delivery leading the development, testing, operations and ongoing improvements to digital products. Activities will also focus on operational integrity, assuring operational compliance with architectural and security standards, as well as compliance and policy controls refined by Strategy, Digital Security or other relevant Regulatory, Legal and Compliance functions.
Service Engineers will collaborate extensively with technology teams to resolve complex incidents, requests and problems, and will act as technical advisors on major digital projects. Service Engineers will also assure the safe application and adoption of new and changed technology into the environment, working with customers to ensure requirements are met and respond to escalation where needed.Key Accountabilities
- Lead team of service engineers in ensuring crisis and continuity processes and plans are defined, maintained, tested and communicated.
- Act as technical advisor in supporting fast and agile product release while maintaining high operational integrity and safeguarding compliances and security standards.
- Lead crisis responses when the need arises, including formation of the crisis response team, coordination with key stakeholders through the crisis.
- Work closely with other technology teams in defining and/or updating application disaster recovery plan
- Act as the product owner or SME in development of technology solution that support crisis and continuity processes.
- Provide support to audit review and remediation activity.
- Champion the training and communication for crisis and continuity plan
- Participate in development of no-code / low-code digital product in the capacity as citizen developer to support service automation and bp digitalisation journey
- Contribute to community knowledge sharing and drive a culture of continuous improvement within teams to optimise operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead the Operational/Engineering governance of architectural, security, regulatory, compliance standards and policies relevant to the Service and the consuming business environment.
- Build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements
Desirable Experience and Capability
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science.
Required Criteria / Skills
- Years of experience: 12-15 years, with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience operating within a business-critical and regulated environment.
Preferred Criteria / Skills
- ITIL Core Process
- Specialised in Crisis & Continuity Management
- Service Design
- Business Risk Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Requirements Definition & Management
- Compliance and regulated environments
- Agile Dev Ops & Site Reliability Engineering
- Information Security
- Application Support
- Performance Management
- Service Level Management
- Operational Support
- Customer Service Support
- ServiceNow development experience will be an advantage
- Empathetic: Cares about our people, our community and our planet
- Curious: Seeks to explore and excel
- Creative: Imagines the extraordinary
- Inclusive: Brings out the best in each other