At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow. Key Responsibilities include:
The ISC and Area Commissioning Team Leader (ACTL) has a dual reporting role. For ISC activities the reporting line is via the commissioning manager. For the allocated are the reporting line is via the Lead Commissioning Team Leader.
The ISC/ACTL will have lead commissioning engineers and commissioning engineers reporting to them.
The ISC/ACTL supports the commissioning manager and Lead CTL in the management of the commissioning of the facilities and handing them over to the operations team in compliance with the Nuclear Site License condition 21.
The ISC/ACTL is responsible for:
- Ensuring Safety is the highest priority on the project with a continued strive towards Zero Harm. He ensures that he is a role model for all aspects of safety, ensuring a proactive approach to nuclear, radiological, conventional and environmental safety
- Delivering the commissioning work scope to an agreed strategy and plan in a timely and cost effective manner
- Managing the compilation and approval of Commissioning Test Documents for both IPC and ISC via the GoC Completions Management System (CMS)
- Managing execution of the arrangements for controlling, witnessing, recording and assessing the results of commissioning tests for both IPC and ISC.
- Ensuring that all commissioning activities are recorded and managed via the GoC Hub2 CMS
- Planning, balancing and prioritizing commissioning resources to support successful project delivery
- • Ensuring input to other project processes are incorporated, for example, design, HAZOP, risk, contract, estimating and knowledge management
- Ensuring the commissioning team are SQEP to SL/JV requirements
- Liaising with construction to ensure earliest possible facility handover
- Working with the Completions team to ensure all commissioning activities are managed and recorded in the GoC CMS
- Actively drives continuous improvement within the commissioning process
Qualifications & Experience
• 10 years commissioning in a similar managerial role for either nuclear or conventional systems commissioning
• Experience with GoC CMS (or similar)
• Preferred HNC/HND in Engineering related subject
• Project management knowledge, preferably APM member
• MS Office
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.