Requisition ID: 232250 Requisition Posting End Date: 02/26/2021 Company Overview:
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's
infrastructure increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining &
Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and
sustainability, and our covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Client is seeking a Business Development Manager - Cybersecurity (CS) and Intelligence Community (IC) in Reston, VA. Role Overview:
This role is in support of Bechtel's Nuclear, Security and Environmental (NS&E) Cybersecurity Business Area and its IC Mission.
Member of CS business area leadership team reporting to Defense & Space Business Line M&BD Manager. Responsible for the development, production, and delivery of proposals, presentations, and other business development-related projects for CS market sectors described below. Specifically, focus on nine of the 16 critical infrastructure sectors defined by DHS's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): Chemical Sector Communications Sector Dams Sector Defense Industrial Base Sector Energy Sector Government Facilities Sector Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste Sector Transportation Systems Sector Water and Wastewater Systems Sector
In partnership with Customers define engagement strategies to deliver CS solutions to the following within the nine critical infrastructure sectors described above for:
- USG and allied governments
- Intel Community
- Commercial Customers
Responsible for achieving the business areas "cover-ratio," in expanding current work scope for existing EPC projects in all market sectors and for stand-alone CS solutions. With that knowledge co-lead the development of proposal technical and pricing strategies and leadership development and execution of proposal strategies/plans.
Supports communications and presentations to customers with CS Business Area Manager and CS Manager of Engineering. Participate in the development of budgets and schedules and help ensure continuous improvement is managed/incorporated in all facets of the business area. Resolve problems and coordinates with the customer to deliver as sold. Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high-performance project team in order to achieve Bechtel's Strategic Core Principles and Objectives. The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically about the big picture and the discipline to manage the daily details. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishes processes, procedures, and standards for preparing, producing, and tracking marketing documents and presentations, ensuring that these are of high quality and consistent with corporate standards.
- Ensures that resources are available and appropriate to the workload, recruiting specialized help as necessary.
- Develops and manages the Business Area's M&BD annual budget.
- Manages all production activities including proposals, qualifications documents, presentations, and other sales/marketing materials.
- Manages the assignment of resources, ensuring the right people are assigned to each proposal.
- Manages the internal prospect review and screening process.
- Collaborates with M&BD managers on strategic plans, prospect analyses, and bid/no-bid decisions.
- Maintains databases (photos, project descriptions, commendations) for use in developing proposals and other marketing materials; website; M&BD library, and electronic archive.
- Develops service contracts, including computer technical support for special needs not covered under Bechtel standard contract.
- Evaluates the performance of M&BD support staff and provides training and development to encourage their career growth.
- Performs special assignments related to business development and proposal activities.
- Participates in project planning sessions at the proposal stage to provide technical guidance.
- Champions subject matter expertise development, including participation in tech fairs and expos, technical grants, customer engagement, external publications, conferences, and contributions to code committees.
- Handles client contacts and inquiries, maintains excellent relations with senior levels of client teams in the interest of business development
- Maintains close working relationship with Business Line, GBU, and Functional Leaders to ensure that the requirements from IS&T and Engineering are met
- Extensive experience in developing qualification documents, contracts, proposals, and customer presentations
- Skill in persuasive oral and written communication
- Demonstrated skill in management and supervisory functions
- Detailed knowledge of CS industry and associated regulatory standards, i.e. NIST RMF
- Industry-standard cybersecurity certification, e.g. Security+, CISSP, CISM, CAP desired
- Knowledge of cost and schedule management and reporting
- Skill in negotiation for dealing with clients
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field and 9 years of relevant experience or in lieu of degree, 15 years of relevant experience
- 10 or more years of USG formal proposal preparation processes with the ability to train and lead a multidisciplinary team in preparing a final sales document or presentation
- Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI
- Certifications: Shipley Business Development Certification(s) required
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.