Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting Senior / Principal Engineer - Static Equipment with extensive experience in the oil and gas offhore & petrochemical industry.
- Responsible for supporting the objectives of the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality Policy and Information Security Management Policy by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Practices while fulfilling of duties.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment.
- Undertake Lead Equipment Engineer Role of FEED/EPC within an appropriate multi discipline project.
- Keep up to date with latest industry practices, standards and product development.
- Responsible for the design and approval of all vessels and exchangers on assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparation and approval of project related standards and Ensure that engineering activities on assigned projects are executed within budgeted man- hours and approved schedules in compliance with project procedures, standards and specifications and in accordance with Amec Foster Wheeler procedures
- Review and approve project schedules with the Project Engineer and / or Project Planner to see that all dates, rates of progress and design periods are realistic.
- Prepare and approve project specific standards and job notes.
- Prepare requisition index for vessels and exchangers, indicating planned issue date for each requisition. Update and reissue monthly.
- Prepare deliverable index for vessels and exchangers, indicating planned issue date for each deliverable. Update and reissue monthly.
- Prepare and approve general notes for vessels and exchangers.
- Review and approve flow sheets for correctness of depicting of vessels and exchangers, operating and design conditions and piping and instrumentation connections.
- Design and requisition vessels and exchangers.
- Prepare vessel and exchanger drawings as appropriate to the type of vessel and exchanger.
- Review and approve all vessel and exchanger drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
- Prepare technical bid analysis for vessel and exchangers.
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with suppliers of major Static Equipment as required.
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major Static Equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier's Document Index.
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents.
- Review and approve supplier documents for vessels and exchangers and ensure appropriate distribution thereof.
- Responsible to ensure that all relevant engineering disciplines review and have provided comments on supplier documents.
- Responsible for overall technical management / co-ordination on orders for vessels and exchangers. This includes technical management / co-ordination with other engineering disciplines.
- Review in conjunction with Procurement Department all claims by supplier for an increase in the engineering scope of work.
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on vessel and exchanger engineering matters. Review vessel and exchanger aspects of package unit supplier's drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Perform inspection where required.
- Ensure that vessel and exchanger engineering operations are complete in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated man-hours.
- Advise the Chief Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the Chief Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate in Engineering (Essential)
- Post Graduate in Engineering (Desirable)
- Membership in Professional Organizations (Desirable)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Equipment Engineering environment with lead role in project execution (Essential)
- Ability to lead medium teams in a multi-discipline task force based engineering environment
- Proven expertise in FEED and EPC Engineering execution including Field Engineering in Project execution (Desirable).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.