bp is transforming and at our Digital Hub in Pune we are growing the digital expertise and solutions needed to advance the global energy transition.
Excited by building, delivering and enhancing the technical platforms that power bp's operations? Digital Engineering are a team of technology and software specialists providing innovative, custom-built or customized software and technical platforms to bp colleagues and external users.
At our Pune's Digital Hub we're looking for curious minds who are excited by the opportunity to create and deliver an exciting suite by the opportunity to create and deliver an exciting suite of digital products and services to advance the global energy transition. Put your aptitude for solving complex business challenges with pioneering digital solutions to work, whilst collaborating and co-innovating globally. Role Synopsis
At I&E, all the roles are within discipline and you will part of Digital Production and Business Services sub discipline. While your role will continue to remain within the sub discipline, your initial activities described below may change over time. The sub discipline will be based on your skill set and will be confirmed if you are the successful candidate.
As a Software Engineering Lead, you are a senior member of a team creating software for BP colleagues and external users.
Your team's mission is to be the digital provider of choice to your area of BP-delivering innovation at speed where it's wanted, and day-in-day-out reliability where it's needed. You will operate in a dynamic and commercially focussed environment, with the resources of one of the world's largest Digital organisations and leading Digital and IT vendors working with you. You will be part of growing and strengthening our technical talent base-experts coming together to solve BP and the world's problems. Key Accountabilities
Desirable Education and Experience
- Working with users and business analysts to understand requirements
- Designing, developing, and testing custom software applications
- Supporting and maintaining your software. We believe in DevOps - you build it, you run it!
- Monitoring and applying emerging technologies
- Mentoring and technical leadership of less experienced developers
- Computer Science or other technical (e.g. Physics, Engineering) degree or equivalent commercial experience
- Years of experience: 12-15 years, with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Willingness and ability to learn, to become skilled in at least one more programming language on top of your existing skillset
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, including design, security, design patterns for extensible and reliable code, automated unit and functional testing, CI/CD and telemetry
- Demonstrated understanding of modern technologies like Cloud native, containers, serverless
- User story definition
- Application Support
- Ideally, you have proven experience in most of these technologies:
- Azure and/or AWS
- Azure DevOps/Git/GitHub
- RESTful APIs
- Deep understanding of automated testing (unit, functional, integration, e2e)
- Container technologies (EKS, AKS, OpenShift, docker) and Serverless
- DevOps principles - you build it, you run it!
- Monitoring and telemetry tools
- Agile methodologies
- Empathetic: Cares about our people, our community and our planet
- Curious: Seeks to explore and excel
- Creative: Imagines the extraordinary
- Inclusive: Brings out the best in each other