Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Trail, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer, Intermediate. Reporting to the Engineering Department Manager, this position is located in our Trail, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing Mechanical Engineering support on our major mining projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Our Trail office currently numbers over 50 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Rossland, Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play!
Key responsibilities :
- Providing input for the layout, design, specification and evaluation of mechanical equipment for industrial plants and related infrastructure
- Preparing sizing calculations for pumps, gravity flow systems and other industrial equipment
- Preparing project documents and reviewing those prepared by others for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Focussed on meeting client objectives
- Effectively execute projects in study phases and project execution, as well as supporting projects in construction
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills and handling multiple tasks independently, and as part of a team
- Adequate management of project budget, schedule and quality, and effective implementation of change management procedures
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with project management, area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate and ensure the compatibility of design
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, including assigning work and evaluating technical competence
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from a recognized university with P. Eng. Status in B.C. or eligibility for registration.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with significant Mining experience and knowledge of Mining equipment
- Relevant site maintenance or operations experience is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.