Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Trail, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior/Intermediate Civil Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager; this position is located in our Trail, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for the civil design on projects in the mining industry. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Our Trail office currently numbers over 50 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Rossland, Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play!
- Developing civil engineering designs (underground piping, storm water management, retention/buffer ponds, etc.) for a diverse range of projects, primarily at existing facilities in the mining industry. Projects range from small single discipline sustaining capital projects up to large multi-discipline capital projects ($6MM and less)
- Regular site visits and coordination with Construction/Trades
- Project Lead responsibilities requiring the ability to establish good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Business development to maintain repeat work from key Clients.
- Coordinate with key personnel and subject matter experts within other Wood offices. Key technical mentorship would be provided from supporting Wood offices.
- Contributing to the preparation of technical specifications and engineering input to material, construction and commissioning packages
- Study execution including material quantity take-offs
- Providing engineering technical support to the field during construction, including responding to RFIs from construction contractors, issuing Site Instructions and performing field reviews
- Involvement in the development of proposals, study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate or Undergraduate Civil engineering degree and the ability to register with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- 2-5 years of engineering project experience at various stages of the project life cycle
- Capable of developing creative yet practical solutions and is open-minded to alternative solutions.
- Willingness to travel to remote field locations on a short term basis
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a multi-discipline team atmosphere is imperative
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.