Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Trail, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior/Intermediate Mechanical/Piping Designer. Reporting to the Mechanical Department Manager, this position is located in our Trail, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing various aspects of the layout, design and specification of mechanical equipment and components for industrial plants and their related infrastructure.
Our Trail office currently numbers over 50 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Rossland, Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play!
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities :
- Providing design and technical support for the layout, design and specification of equipment for piping, mechanical systems and/or building services (HVAC/dust control/fire protection/plumbing) for industrial plants and their related infrastructure
- Design and drafting of equipment systems in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- 3D Modeling of equipment for use in plant models
- Reviewing project documents for scope, and technical accuracy prior to issue
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Design Technology
- 2-5 years of relevant design experience for industrial plants preferably in the mining and/or pulp & paper industries.
- Proven experience with AutoCAD and knowledge of 3D design / drafting software Solidworks, Inventor and PDMS experience would be considered an asset
- Heavy Industrial, mining, or smelting experience would be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.