Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Trail, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Project Manager for our mining consulting and EPCM projects in our Trail, B.C.
This role has overall responsibility for overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports as well as for the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient, and timely completion of projects to meet and/or exceed client expectations. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Our Trail office currently numbers over 50 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Rossland, Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play!
- Ensuring the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient, and timely completion of projects to meet and/or exceed client expectations.
- Acting as a technical professional resource for the successful competition of multiple major challenging projects.
- Managing all phases of an EPC/M project, including project planning/execution, engineering, construction, through to pre-commissioning.
- Managing multiple brown-field projects concurrently, for one or multiple clients.
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal personnel to ensure work flows smoothly as well as providing first class engineering services.
- Participating in Business Development initiatives and regularly promoting Wood for future work.
- Mentoring and training junior internal personnel to groom individuals as well as complete project teams to become more prepared to take on additional roles and responsibilities.
- Overseeing the development of project budgets, schedules, and reports.
- Gathering up-to-date information first-hand at sites, meeting with clients and constantly monitoring work performances.
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- 10 years' experience in an EPC / EPCM environment, construction and/or operations supporting the mining industry, including at least 5 years increasing responsibility as a project manager
- Extensive experience in mining is highly desired; will consider Petro-chemical, Heavy Civil and O&G project experience
- Experience in managing small to medium brownfield projects is required (up to $10 million capital cost)
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset
- Ability to develop new, proprietary, and innovative solutions to current processes is an asset
- A willingness to travel, both domestic and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.