Skills: Project Management, Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Topeka, Kansas, United States
Wood's Topeka/Wichita, KS offices are seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in bridge design and project management. This position requires a candidate with effective time-management, written communication, planning, organization and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has the ability to take initiative, work independently and coordinate efforts with multi-discipline teams. The candidate must possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to produce high quality work under short time constraints.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will play a key role in expanding the capabilities of a growing transportation group in Topeka/Wichita. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product, and an interest in taking on a leadership role.
This individual can work out of either our Topeka or Wichita office depending on candidate preference. After initial onboarding, training and integration, we are open to a flexible remote work schedule. This would be best if the individual lived within an hour's drive of Topeka or Wichita. Will travel between offices occasionally.
Key Responsibilities :
- Will be responsible for participating in and managing bridge design projects.
- Maintain effective client relationships; leverages project experience to win work.
- Recognizes and initiates business development opportunities.
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQs and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output.
- Prepare and oversee preparation of the construction documents. (Plans, Specifications, and Estimates).
- Prepare and manage scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Write reports and technical memos.
- Manage client communications, expectations, and satisfaction.
- Manage, advise, coach and develop junior engineers.
- Will travel to project sites. Approximately 5% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering
- PE in Kansas or the ability to obtain the PE within six months of hire.
- 10+ years as a Bridge Engineer/Project Manager.
- Self-starter with strong oral and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented, proactive individual who takes ownership of their work.
- Proficiency in following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Inroads and Micro station. Civil3D a plus
- Existing relationships with KDOT, Federal Lands, and Kansas Project Managers preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationship and win work
- Motivated to develop business from new and existing clients.
- Availability to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% overnight.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.