Skills: Civil Engineering, Design Engineer, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for an Engineering & Design Manager in our London or Leamington office. In this role you will lead the delivery of multi-disciplinary design activities incorporating Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. You will have a background in Infrastructure projects design from concept through to construction in Waste, Transport, Utilities, Defence or related sectors. You will bring a strong understanding of the design process, design standards and be able to work collaboratively across organisations to create design solutions that achieve our customer's objectives.
- Leadership of design teams to develop designs in compliance with design standards and customer requirements.
- Staff management of design team including objective setting, performance management and supporting career development
- Development of design options and feasibility studies including the preparation of reports and presentation to stakeholders
- Management of Health, Safety and Wellbeing of the design team and others through considering safety as part of the design process.
- Technical coordination with wider team to integrate design activities into overall project delivery
- Monitoring progress of design development and achievement of design deliverables to agreed schedule / budget
- Leading the production of specifications / works information for inclusion in procurement documents
- Engagement with customers / facilities operators to define and clarify technical requirements
- Ensuring compliance with technical assurance standards and reviews of designs / reports produced by the team.
- Review and Assurance of contractor's designs to confirm compliance with concept designs and design standards.
- Review of contractor's construction work to validate compliance with design and resolving any design technical queries.
Skills / Qualifications
- Understanding of CDM Regulations and application to design activities
- Experience of Design Management in an infrastructure sector
- Experience of designing in BIM and use of design technologies.
- Understanding of appropriate design standards applicable to civil infrastructure
- Experience in the full project life cycle through detailed design and into construction
- Knowledge of contract management under NEC forms of contract
- Experience in the design of assets associated with waste management facilities; defence estate facilities or other industrial facilities
- Experience in project management including management of consultancy services contracts
- Engineering Degree - Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer status and membership of relevant professional body
- Masters Degree in Engineering Related Subject or appropriate Post graduate qualification
- Fellow level membership of relevant professional body
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.