Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting an Engineering Designer at Assistant or Consultant grade to join our Environment and Infrastructure engineering team, working on infrastructure projects in either our London or Leamington Spa offices.
You will contribute to the project engineering design input at all stages from feasibility and 'optioneering' through to the production of detailed designs for procurement and construction. You will bring an understanding of engineering design related to construction in Waste, Transport, Utilities, Defence or related sectors and an ability to use design software.
- Production of computer aided design drawings to clients' engineering standards and specifications and ensuring design deliverables meet required standards of accuracy and quality
- Working in conjunction with multi-disciplinary engineering teams - civil, structural, water management, process, mechanical & electrical/ICA
- Supporting projects with data analysis and contributing to reports
- Preparation of simple calculations
- Supporting the administration of project
- Supporting construction works on site through site visits and working with site engineering staff to resolve technical issues
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Keeping your training log up to date and attending training/ Continued Professional Development days (CPD), where appropriate
Skills / Qualifications
- Proficient in Computer Aided Design (CAD) with an excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD for production of construction drawings.
- Knowledge and experience of creating 3D models using Civil 3D and Revit.
- Practice of model coordination and clash avoidance activities using Navisworks.
- Ability to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints.
- Ability to communicate fluently with other team members and produce reports in clear English.
- Have a heightened awareness of personal safety and a good understanding of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to travel and visit operational and construction sites as required and to act in a safe manner.
- An understanding of BIM.
- Experience with Autodesk Infraworks and Vehicle tracking.
- Knowledge/experience of using highway design software packages
- Experience of using drainage software such as MicroDrainage or PDS
- Engineering Degree - Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Student, affiliate or associate membership of a relevant professional body
- Qualifications in use of CAD / Design software packages
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.