Skills: Civil Engineering, Construction Superintendent, Site Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor experienced in highways, drainage and utilities to be based on our client's site in London.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects across the UK. Key clients include Local Authorities, Crown Estate, Homes England and MOD and working with these clients to deliver their aspirations and ambitions will be an important factor.
We are looking for individuals that have a strong base of technical skills coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills gained in either a multi-disciplinary or infrastructure projects, who now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organisation that will support their future development. You will be able to develop diverse skills as the projects will vary from small one-off commissions to multi-million pound projects.
- Compliance with Wood's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy requirements;
- Adhere to quality and technical assurance procedures for all deliverables produced by the team;
- Fulfil the role of Supervisor in accordance with the NEC Engineering and Construction Contract (NEC ECC);
- Attend regular internal and external meetings with Project Manager, Client and Contractors;
- Monitoring the compliance of the works against the Works Information, contract and any relevant permissions, consents or licences;
- Monitoring the compliance of the works in relation to health, safety and environmental legislation and requirements;
- Assure the works are being carried out in a safe manner adhering to site specific risk assessments and method statements;
- Prepare weekly reports to and assisting the NEC Project Manager with assessments of progress/programme review, risk reduction, early warnings, compensation events, and any other aspect, as required;
- Ensuring that the works by the contractors are as expected and as specified in the Works Information and is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards;
- Identifying technical related problems on site;
- Pass any technical questions from site onto the design team;
- Maintaining contemporary site records;
- Witnessing on-site measures and tests and keeping appropriate records;
- Manging defects identification and supporting the rectification process;
- Support the NEC Project Manager in the delivery of technical elements of projects and proposals within agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience on site supervision of construction of infrastructure projects within the UK;
- Experience in carrying out the duties of the NEC Supervisor;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrable technical review/assurance skills;
- Working knowledge of common construction contracts e.g. NEC4 ECC;
- Working knowledge of health and safety requirements and CDM, 2015;
- Worked within multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Section 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority Section 104, 116 and 185 agreements;
- Experience of working on major infrastructure projects;
- Full UK driving licence.
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering;
- Graduate Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE;
- SSSTS or SMSTS training.
- Chartered Engineer.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.