Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineering Manager position to join the team in Birchwood.
The role will appeal to individuals who are seeking an opportunity to lead the Engineering and Design of a major UK organisation through a truly transformational period in its history, making it, and the strategic assets for which it is accountable and responsible, fit for our generation, and those of the future.
- Accountable for the delivery performance of design and engineering of projects in complex, highly regulated industry
- Transformation of engineering delivery
- Leading project teams with Jacobs, client and sub-contract organisations
- Management of the delivery of Jacobs Engineering Design Integrity Workflows.
- Developing and implementing the Safety by Design strategy for specific project.
- Developing and implementing the engineering execution strategy, including manhour estimates (e.g. CTRs)
- Delivery of all Engineering & Technical deliverables
- Identification of standards and specifications applicable to the project
- Progressing and reporting
- Engineering coordination across disciplines
- Performing appropriate engineering reviews
- Identifying and requesting appropriate engineering & technical resources (people)
- Approval of all engineering and technical scope changes
- Overall management and coordination of engineering team on the project.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
- Experience of major engineering delivery on EPC projects
- Mobilising/recruiting multi-discipline engineering design teams
- Producing and implement engineering project execution plans
- Setting up Engineering project procedures and processes
- Developing and implementing design assurance plans
- Producing large engineering design manhour estimates
- Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain
- Managing cost and schedule performance of large design teams
- General knowledge of key cross industry regulations and standards e.g. CDM, PED, IEC61511, DSEAR, ASME, API, EN
- Managing workshare with HVEC other design offices
- Understanding of leading-edge engineering systems e.g. full Aveva suite
- Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, commissioning phases
- Knowledge of export control compliance regulations
- Broad engineering management experience
- Multi-discipline approach
- Sellafield experience may be an advantage
- Technical Manager competency required as KS sees this as a key skill within the SL Design approval processes
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.