United States of America - Virginia, Arlington - VAJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Construction Manager to be based in out of Arlington, VA and/or telecommute. The Construction Manager will as the point of contact for several stakeholders both external and internal to our client possessing a good balance of technical and Project Management experience and skillsAbout AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
About DCSA-Program and Project Management
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VICTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
As an industry leader in program and construction management, we partner with clients to support projects from concept to completion. From education, healthcare, transportation and water facilities to sports, leisure, cultural arts and other public gathering venues, we deliver on the promise of protecting our clients' interests as our own and building partnerships with the communities we serve.Job Description
- Monitor and refine the long range and short-term plans to enhance success on the project.
- Coordinate the flow of information, provide costs and schedule reviews, monitor the safety programs, and assure that the completed work is constructed to a quality level consistent with the requirements of the construction documents.
- Work directly for the Construction Manager supporting the strategic and tactical delivery of the retrofit and fit up project(s) located in USA in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current Professional Services.
- Directs and managers the entire project, guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, and a primary liaison between AECOM and client interface.
- Accountable for all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Overall responsibility and management of project including but not limited to pre-construction budgeting/schedule stage, procurement, through contract closeout.
- Supports overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- May provide technical direction and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, maintains close client interface, and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Position may have significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned construction project.
- BA/BS + 2 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or Project Management
- 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience or education
What We Offer
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
- Sponsorship to work in the US is not available for this opportunity.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Construction ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Phoenix, AZ - 3400 E Sky Harbor BlvdVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.