Skills: Well Servicing & Testing, Materials Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.PasadenaTexas
General Description of Responsibilities
- Shipping & Receiving Technicians are responsible for handling all samples submitted to the facility. This covers whether the sample is submitted for testing or is sent from other offices for the purposes of retain only.
- Accumulate all samples designated for retain.
- Ensure all received samples are properly labeled and/or tagged with current information.
- Enter all samples received into LIMS.
- May be required to pick-up and/or drop off samples at customer locations, outsourced laboratories and other Inspectorate offices.
- Ensure samples are secure during transport to prevent spillage.
- Reports to job-site punctually and observes all Inspectorate applicable federal and state regulations and standards, Terminal, Refinery and/or vessel requirements, including quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Supports the ISO certificate(s) and assists in the corrective/preventive actions process.
- Prepare samples per proper IATA procedures to be shipped.
- Must be able to read and understand MSDS sheets and ensure a proper supply of MSDS sheets are available and on file for all products received.
- Generates a disposal list daily for Retain Department.
- Works a rotating schedule including weekends, holidays and must be available to work on an on-call basis.
- May be required to utilize respiratory equipment in handling samples.
- Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct; behaves ethically at all times; maintains open communication with Lab Manager.
- Carries out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures; Business Management System; Compliance and Ethics Policies; and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- This position reports to Lab Manager or Assistant Lab Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the normal knowledge, skill, and/or ability levels required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively to employees in their work group or department.
- Ability to add their work hours on their time card.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to complex situations and able to prepare and/or follow instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form; ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, smell and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.