Learn morePosition Specific Description
The selected individual will be a controls expert skilled in SCADA and PLC programming. This individual will be responsible for supporting operating Solar and Storage facilities in Nextera's fleet. They will also ensure that the control's strategy of the operating fleet keeps pace with the advancing knowledge within the power generation team. Finally, this individual will also be relied upon to educate both the Engineering and Operations team members on SCADA troubleshooting. Broadening their skillset with hardware troubleshooting skills will be very desirable.
Preferred qualifications include:
- 2 years' experience with SCADA programming in a solar or storage facility
- Knowledge and experience with electricity generation facilities, in particular, power triangle basics
- Demonstrated ability with troubleshooting and making changes in live systems
- Prior experience with some or all of Schneider Electric Unity Pro PLCs, Wonderware, InTouch, System Platform, Ignition, Orion RTU, Modbus TCP, DNP3, OPC UA/DA (TopServer/Kepware)
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting and fixing network issues
Employees in this role have responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs
• Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field
• Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience:5+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
• Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ yearsEmployee Group:
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-DN1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: