Skills: Project Management, Mining
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood is seeking Senior Project Managers for our Mining and Minerals consulting and EPCM projects in our Saskatoon, SK, office in Canada.
This is a strategic role, looking to build our benchstreng th. This individual will have overall responsibility for overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports as well as for the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Developing and implementing the project execution strategy
- Ensuring overall project scope of services and scope of work is performed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner that meets and/or exceeds client expectations
- Providing leadership to the project team on HSSE matters and ensuring that all employees and contractors carry out their duties and responsibilities as defined in the project HSSE execution plan
- Monitoring and reviewing all project delivery components including administration, document control, project control, staff planning, engineering, supply chain management, construction, and pre-commissioning
- Overseeing the development of all project budgets, schedules and progress reports
- Developing and managing project-specific change and risk management systems
- Ensuring project requirements for permits, licenses and regulatory agency approvals are met and up to date
- Organizing and leading planning sessions, team building workshops and project coordination meetings
- Ensuring an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- With between 20-25 years' experience in an EPC / EPCM environment, with construction / project execution, supporting the mining industry.
- Must have at least 10 years increasing responsibility as a project manager
- Experience in managing greenfield, or large brownfield projects is required ($100Mn-$1 Bn)
- Mining project experience is essential; will consider candidates with a combination of mining project experience along with heavy civil, petro-chemical or O&G project experience (a minimum of 5 years mining and minerals project experience is required)
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset
- Ability to develop new, proprietary and innovative solutions to current processes is an asset
- A willingness to travel, both domestic and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.