Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gillette, Wyoming, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lab Technician in Gillette, Wyoming.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
The lab technician should be knowledgeable about a range of concepts and subjects relating to science and research. May perform many tasks such as gathering samples, conducting tests, analyzing results, maintaining work/lab spaces, preparing experiments and documenting results. The Lab Technician will work in a laboratory and use a range of glassware and equipment to develop and monitor raw materials, intermediates and final products to ensure they meet the necessary quality specifications.
Skills / Qualifications
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, technical and instructional manuals for job application
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of testing equipment, lab equipment, tools and glassware appropriate for the job
- The employee must have basic understanding of process units
- The employee must be able to handle samples from production and storage areas
- Must be able to carry out raw material testing to allow product release
- Must be able to carry out routine laboratory reactions using a wide range of laboratory equipment
- Must be able to record, report and interpret data
- Employee must be able to check procedures, methods and documentation to assure accuracy
- Must be able to work with a variety of lab and testing equipment and computer systems
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.