Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction, Construction Manager
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) is seeking a Senior Project Design-Build (D/B) Manager to join the Southeast Region and lead and grow the transportation DB practice. The successful candidate can sit in either Florida or Georgia.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will utilize your experience and technical knowledge of D/B projects - you should have held a senior position on at least 3 large scale (greater than $200M) D/B projects for GDOT and/or FDOT transportation related projects in the last 6 years. You will have the opportunity to coordinate all aspects of projects with various stakeholders in order to ensure the successful completion of the projects within the established budget, time, quality and safety parameters.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for project management for the duration of the project, including, planning, execution, oversight, control and completion of projects. Responsibility for payments, quality, progress, budget, public interaction, agency interactions, permits, claims, strategy, process improvement, performance and operations.
- Representing the client with architects, engineers, vendors, consultants, and regulatory agencies.
- Manage the firm's day-to-day construction oversight and field staff including Resident Engineers & Inspectors.
- Manage inspection staff and the delivery of daily inspector reports in accordance with clients' requirements
- Act as liaison to design staff to respond to Contractors' RFIs and review of shop drawings.
- Lead construction meetings with client's personnel to coordinate concurrent initiatives, track procurement efforts, and assist with program / project delivery.
- Provide technical review of construction plans and specifications and project changes for constructability and practicality.
- Manage office staff responsible for record keeping, general correspondence, compiling and drafting of required reports and deliverables.
- Manage Financial performance of the project, budgets and mini proposal efforts.
Responsible for overall site safety, permit condition compliance and coordination with other participant Agencies.
- Monitor Contractor performance, schedule, overall responsiveness and effectiveness.
- Exert influence over Contractors to maintain project goals regarding cost, schedule, quality, etc.
- Use effective oral and written communication skills to effectively lead progress, project, safety, scheduling and other contract administration meetings with client, local agencies and the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe and healthful workplace
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage Company personnel and remain responsive to client requirements.
- 10 years of design-build project experience within Transportation sector.
- Prior experience as a Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager or Task Segment Lead on FDOT or GDOT D/B projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- Proficiency with CMIS Systems, Primavera and/or MS Project and the MS Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Professional Engineer - Georgia (required) and Florida (preferred).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.