Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood India in recruiting for Engineer / Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer role with experience in Offshore projects to work from Chennai Office on agency rolls.
The incumbent should be conversant and / expected to deliver the following:
- Have a sound knowledge of International Codes & Standards and General C&I Engineering
- With minimum supervision be able to carry out all aspects of General C&I Engineering to a high standard from first principles using client standards and in line with Project requirements with minimum supervision confirming to safety and quality control within the man-hour budget and the project schedule targets
- Be able to check the quality of work carried out by Engineers / designers
- Shall be capable of handling C&I activities for the mechanical packages like Compressors , fired Heaters
- Shall be capable of handling Control system packages independently
- Shall be capable of performing Project C&I activities taking full responsibility for Quality, budget, schedule, safety targets with Lumpsum mentality
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications:
Responsible to carry out the following C&I Engineering Activities.
- Preparation & Checking of SPI / INtools database
- Preparation & Checking of Instrument data sheets, sizing calculations
- Preparation & Checking of MR, TBE, Post order vendor document review
- Preparation & Checking of mechanical packages C&I Engineering documents.
- Review and coding of vendor drawings including control system
- Inter discipline , client and Vendor co-ordination s
- BE / BTech with 5 -1 2 years of experience in Oil & Gas , Refinery and Petrochemical Industries
- Proficient & Independent working with SPI / Conval software / Vendor sizing software
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.