United States of America - California, Los AngelesJob SummaryAECOM is seeking a Global Digital Leader for our global Building and Places (B+P) business line to lead the overall digital transformation for this business line in 3 key areas. This position can be primarily remote based from a variety of global locations.
- Maturing the digital delivery of the core design and engineering services
- Creating new digital capabilities (services and hosted solutions) to support the B+P businesses globally
- Supporting our B+P clients on their own digital transformation
The B+P Global Digital Leader will report to the Chief Digital Officer and support the B+P Global Business Line Leader.About Digital @AECOM
As a member of the global digital leadership team, this role will work with professionals around the world to advance AECOM's global digital strategies and priorities. The global digital team includes strategy, solution management, hosted services delivery, and consulting services delivery. The global digital leadership team works closely with our global digital capability center for digital engineering platforms and applications and the regional engineering and planning teams adopting digital solutions.
The B+P Global Digital Leader will develop and execute a global digital strategy that both accelerates transformation and delivers growth for B+P. The global digital leader will be confident in setting direction and experienced in rolling their sleeves up to facilitate workshops, write business cases, support strategic bids and prepare materials to assist with the adoption of new digital capabilities.
This role will be working with regional teams across the world to standardize platforms, frameworks and workflows as well as creating new hosted services and digital consulting service offerings. Providing compelling business cases, the B+P global digital leader will secure funding based on measurable business impact and will track progress through adoption.Key Responsibilities:
- Set and report against effective objectives and key results
- Define and communicate preferred platforms, frameworks and cornerstone applications for each technical practice in the business line
- Provide direction to the global capabilities team on the business line needs for global enterprise software agreements.
- Identify digital talent from across the business line globally and connect them
- Share best practices, scripts, libraries etc.
- Map out the new digital capabilities the business line should adopt
- Develop business cases to justify investment in new digital capabilities. Conduct Build/ Buy/ Partner analysis.
- Prepare change management plans and communication materials to support region adoption teams. Track and communication adoption monthly.
- Support global bids for top global business line pursuits
- Prepare educational materials for internal teams and clients
- Showcase proof points and case studies. Celebrate success
Level specific responsibilities:
- Provides technical and management leadership for a discipline or area of responsibility.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with senior-level managers within the company and with key officials of other organizations and companies, and is skilled in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- At this level, individuals will have demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature technical judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual structure/design problems, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guides for diverse activities.
- Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- BA/BS plus 12 years' relevant experience in engineering delivery or digital solution delivery or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 4 years of leadership experience.
- Experience in design (building and places)
- Demonstrated experience growing a digital business or business line
- Knowledge of financial reporting (return on investment)
- Experience managing research and development
- Experience working in international teams
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Information Management
- MBA or other business degree (desirable)
- Demonstrated collaborative influencing skills
- Demonstrated innovation delivery
- Exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skill.
What We Offer
- Self-starter with the ability to work as a positive, energized and adaptable global team member
- Flexible with work times to align with colleagues in different time zones
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and influence senior leaders.
- Extremely strong relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to champion and drive ideas/programs/solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, able to work under pressure and prioritize effectively
- Able to demonstrate passion, energy and drive, especially in the face of resistance.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Geography OHBusiness Group
United States of AmericaPosition Status
AU - Brisbane, QLD, CA - Edmonton, AB - 18817 Stony Plain Rd NW, HK - Shatin, N.T., SE - Stockholm - WeWork Regeringsgatan 29, SG - The Concourse, UK - London, US - Austin, TX - 9400 Amberglen Boulevard, US - Chicago, IL - 303 E Wacker Drive, US - Glen Allen, VA - 4840 Cox Road, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway, US - New York, NY - 605 Third AveVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.