Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Uetze, Lower Saxony, Germany
Job Title: Deck Coordinator
Admin Area: Pipelines, Distribution & Terminals
Location: Saudi Arabia
Status: Staff - Residential
Our client a Supermajor National Oil Company is seeking an Offshore Boat Deck Coordinator to join the Terminal Maintenance Department (TMD) within the Pipelines, Distribution and Terminals Department.
The TMD is considered a key organization within the companies production chain, as it handles the maintenance of critical facilities, and is responsible for crude oil shipments from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the entire globe.
Your primary role will be to perform maintenance work on catenary anchor leg moorings (CALM), single anchor leg moorings (SALM), single-point moorings (SPMs), and supervise the maintenance team, to safely and efficiently complete the offshore scheduled and emergency work.
You will implement the highest safety and environmental standards, governed by the client safety and environmental procedures and policies team. Coordinate activities of SPM removal, installation, and testing and inspection (T&I) maintenance, with barges and support boats.
You will live and work on a marine vessel located permanently offshore.
- As the successful candidate, you will have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Diving. A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- You will have a minimum of 13 years' experience in marine maintenance, oil operation, cranes, and rigging.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist maintenance team, to safely and efficiently complete the offshore scheduled and emergency work.
- Perform daily SPM checks; weekly inspections; and preventive and reactive maintenance of offshore SPMs.
- Replace and change-out all types of marine hoses, including subsea, full float, half float, and others.
- Perform SPM and CALM bearing assessments, and provide reports.
- Maintain and replace subsea valves, and perform direct grease injection operations.
- Replace and change mooring hawsers and coordinate oil spills and cleanups.
- Ensure and implement the highest safety and environmental standards, governed by client safety and environmental procedures and policies.
- Work under SPM area foreman supervision to coordinate all work activities and assignments.
- Communicate constantly with Terminal Shift Superintendents, Marine Department, Offshore Platform, and Piloting Operations, to coordinate workboat operations, and safely complete assigned activities.
- Communicate with lead divers to coordinate all diving inspection and repair work.
- Maintain adequate tools and materials on the workboat, to carry out normal maintenance.
- Coordinate SPM work activities related to removals, installations, and maintenance with barges and support boats for T&I or major repairs.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.