Skills: Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Laredo, Texas, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Construction Manager / Site Superintendent to support a project located in southern Texas near Laredo. Potential for similar assignments in the future with Wood, especially for those willing to travel.
This full-time onsite Construction Manager/Site Superintendent position will work closely with the Wood project team executing a design/build construction project for the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). The project includes ground up construction of a new facility, complete with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, and security systems, as well as interior finishes.
- Daily onsite supervision of construction trade subcontractors
- Proactive management of safety/quality/change/risk
- Leading progress meetings with project stakeholders
- Verifying contractor cost/schedule/progress
- Tracking and closure of RFIs/submittals
- Verification of contractor testing
- Project closeout and as-built documentation
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant construction management/site superintendent experience
- Experience supervising construction subcontractors with responsibility for monitoring the day-to-day field operations to ensure safety, quality, schedule, and cost goals are achieved
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills
- Extensive experience with construction plans and specifications, and knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and regulations
- Commitment to safety to include OSHA 30-hour training. Able to perform the duties of a Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
- Experience in developing and implementing QA/QC programs to ensure work conforms to the contract documents. Able to perform the duties of a Site QC Manager
- Liaison experience between contractors, designers, owners, and end-users
- USACE CQM or other certifications preferred
- Must be a US Citizen and pass a drug test, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.