Data EngineerWould you like to shape the future of energy technology using data?Are you passionate about Data and Analytics technologies?Join our Digital Technology team
We operate at the heart of the digital transformation of our business. From Digital Engineering to enabling employee success, the Digital Technology team is driven to provide the best products and service. We collaborate with teams to solve complex technical challenges and design future innovations.Partner with the best
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially facing development projects. You will be responsible for Designing and Developing complete data engineering solutions. You will be involved in handling large, complex data set to understand the business requirements and deliver solutions.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Working on multiple external customer facing applications along with front end & back end development teams
- Performing a variety of data loads & data transformations, Implementing analytical dashboards for business needs
- Improving database and application performance with fine tuning, improving data quality and accuracy
- Working with other project teams for data integrations and data lake requirements
- Working closely with functional stakeholders to understand the business requirements and deliver solutions
- Automating processes for better stability and performance of application
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Be a graduate with 3 - 6 years experience in data engineering
- Be an expert on Informatica,PL-SQL, SQL, and previous experience in automating the process using Unix scripting
- Be able to design, develop complex mappings using various transformations and have good knowledge on advanced transformations.
- Be able to design Parallel solutions using PDO/partitions and be expert in SQL query tuning
- Be able to translate analytics problems into data requirements.
- Be able to understand RDBMS concepts, ER modelling, normal forms, OLAP/OLTP implementation.
- Be able to perform Data integration of sources like DB2, SQL Server,and Flat Files into staging area.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activitiesComprehensive private medical care optionsSafety net of life insurance and disability programsTailored financial programsAdditional elected or voluntary benefitsAbout Us
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.