Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work, so you can evolve, grow, and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Your Impact: Jacobs is seeking an Staff Engineer to join our team in Wilmington, DE. This a great career opportunity for candidates with an engineering degree and zero to three years of experience. You will work on operations and capital improvements for a Wastewater Treatment Plant at a 168 MGD capacity that includes combined heat/power systems, pump stations, and combined sewer overflow (CSO) facilities. This role will be located on-site at the WWTP and report to the program director and project engineer.
The Staff Engineer work assignments include:
- Assist project team with regulatory compliance tracking and reporting.
- Assist project team members through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements.
- Complete the scope of work to meet end user expectations, while simultaneously ensuring Health Safety & Environment of quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Participate in evaluation, design and construction of water and wastewater systems, specifically in process and mechanical systems, to develop solutions.
- Have strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working in teams.
- Working in the field with Jacobs operations and maintenance staff to troubleshoot and develop solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Valid Drivers License with no major infractions
Ideally, you'll also have:
- A GPA of at least 3.0
- Prior work or internship experience