Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
In a changing world excellence demands new solutions. At Wood, our passion for solving these challenges connects us. Together with our customers we find the answers through innovation, ingenuity and expertise.
Wood's Environment & Infrastructure Solutions core competencies are in environmental assessments, health and environmental risk assessment, environmental geology (site investigation), remediation engineering, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure engineering, and testing, and water resource services. We employ permanent staff in each region of Canada, including hydrogeologists, environmental, geological, civil, and geotechnical engineers, and environmental scientists and technician/technologist support personnel.
As part of Wood's British Columbia practice, the successful candidate will be working with a robust team of professionals in eight regional offices with various technical specialties. We're seeking an Intermediate Project Manager who wants to join a team that is committed to being a trusted partner for our customers by consistently delivering excellence.
Based in Vancouver, the position offers the opportunity for the right candidate to fill a client and project management role on a large program team.
The Project Manager leads a team of specialists in support for a range of project design and construction activities. Working with a range of environmental (archaeology, wildlife, vegetation and aquatic, soils and contaminated lands) and infrastructure (Geotechnical, hazardous materials and quality control) discipline specialists, the Project Manager is key in arranging their involvement with the Engineering Design and Construction Management teams supporting large infrastructure projects.
Key responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will use a unique combination of organizational skills and analytical ability to lead and contribute to program areas including, but not limited to:
- Development of Project proposals and cost estimates using established templates
- Management of budgets and schedule on complex, multidisciplinary projects;
- Communication with the client throughout the lifecycle of the project;
- Liaising with Engineering Project Managers and Construction Managers to establish multidisciplinary teams and delivery schedules
- Management of the Project Team, including any changes noticed as a result of scope changes
- Management of project and discipline report deliverables
- Provide oversight and coordination to Construction Support including:
- Environmental orientation and training of crews
- Environmental management/protection plan applications
- Incident management
- Environmental auditing and assessment
The successful candidate will be comfortable managing multiple projects (from 3 to 12 projects at any given time) at different stages of development and excel at keeping them all moving forward efficiently, on time schedule and within budget.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Studies, Engineering, Sciences or a related field
- Professional designation in an Environmental area (R.P.Bio, P.Geo, or P.Ag.) or Engineering (P.Eng.) is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the project management and/or project coordination in relevant areas
- Experience with Project Management Methodology (PMP or Prince2) is an asset
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in the delivery of projects on time and on budget, managing consultants, and liaising with industry, contractors and clients
- Strong writing skills are a must to prepare reports, proposal and other project deliverables
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.