Miami, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
Skills: Port Operations, Logistics Management, Materials Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Miami, Florida, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Core Group Resources (www.coregroupresources.com) is America's leading Construction Industry recruitment company. Founded by a service Marine Academy Graduate, Core Group Resources expertise is unmatched in the Maritime Jobs search. For more information contact us 281 347 4700. We are currently in the market for the following:
Director of Warehouse Operations
This job role will manage all NVOCC warehouse operations activities. You will oversee the approval and progress of cost containment. Responsibility will also include production enhancement procedures derived from the operations. The Director of Warehouse Operations will guarantee the settlement of customer complaints and service issues. The right person for this job will oversee the hire, training, and growth of management teams as well as the warehouse activities to ensure costumers receive the best quality service. The right candidate will oversee the compliance of all health and safety regulations in the facility and will create and implement procedures and policies within the operations department.
- Supervise all warehouse operational activities and guarantee management teams are fulfilling the departments' goals
- Provide team lead through the management team, such as: training, coaching and development classes for the personnel. Constantly supervise team's performance, duties, salaries and job progress. Implement disciplinary actions to guarantee compliance of the company's policy.
- Guarantee the efficiency of production and operations through a high-quality process performance, the design and implementation of new working strategies and drive a report of customer satisfaction.
- Manage operations budget and personnel schedules in line with company's procedures and policies.
- Oversee security and safety procedures' compliance from cargo, facilities and employees as well as guarantee all safety procedures are rightfully performed to reduce handling and cargo damages.
- Drive management meetings to guarantee excellent information, process' and requirements' communication to the personnel.
- Directs cargo handling procedures' strategic direction and oversees all cargo processes and procedures follow the company's goals
- Manages NVOCC operations with related operation units including intermodal, stevedoring, equipment management, dispatch, national pick-up, and warehousing
- Guarantees all management teams create and submit their required reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Transportation or related field
- 7+ years' experience in shipping transportation of containers or related field
- Valid Driver's license and passport
- Must have strong leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate customer service experience
- Must have knowledge of practices, theories, principles, and logistic techniques
- Must have experience in: Motor carrier operations, cargo flows, equipment positioning, operations procedures and terms, international and domestic transportation, proper stowage techniques, equipment loading,
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred