Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hermiston, Oregon, United States
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator, in our Hermiston, OR office. This role has overall responsibility for directing the estimating effort for large industrial projects from conceptual design through planning and construction.
- Preparing all levels of capital cost estimates from Order of Magnitude to detail for heavy civil projects - concrete and sitework
- Handling several projects simultaneously, and possibly directing and managing other estimating personnel for support
- Participating in the development of the Project Execution Plan, Estimate Development Plan, and Basis of Estimate
- Coordinating information exchange between the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Groups
- Overseeing the development of discipline MTOs, material pricing, labor rates and labor work-hour units for estimates
- Understanding and directing effort to focus on significant cost drivers
- Obtaining quotations from suppliers and subcontractors to support capital cost estimates
- Anticipates overlaps and gaps in costing and is proactive in pursuing resolution
- Estimates contingency and escalation using in-house models, actively participates in contingency discussions and recommendations (internal & client)
- Creating indirect costs for estimates
- Preparing and maintaining appropriate documentation to support estimate preparation and review
- Preparing final estimate summaries and analyzing each section for scope, pricing, and completeness
- Preparing presentations and presenting estimates to internal management and client management
- During estimate reviews, determining if estimate parameters fall within accepted norms for the project estimate location and type of facility
Skills / Qualifications
- Ten or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with estimating costs for international projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven capability in delivering presentations to senior management & clients
- Effective organizational skills, strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Demonstrated skill to identify and solve problems in a prompt and decisive manner
- Sound knowledge of construction processes
- Knowledge of the AACEI estimate classifications and guidelines
- An engineering degree or engineering technologist diploma would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in software applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Vista by Viewpoint
- Skilled in using database type estimating software
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.