Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas operator, is seeking an IT Architect for a contract role in Calgary.
Reporting to the Manager, HRIS and Reporting and Analytics, you will be responsible for supporting the HR reporting and analytics function across the geographies we operate in (currently Canada, United States and Mexico), ensuring that the information provided is consistent, reusable and available in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities will include architecture and development of PowerBI dashboards, translating HR business requirements into technical dashboards, responding to HR ServiceNow Tier 2 cases and data inquiries, investigating complex data issues and processes, understanding how process execution translates into data and communicating the story behind the data to HR Senior leaders.
This role will work in collaboration with several other teams; including: HR Services, Information Services, HRIS and other HR Canada, US & Mexico teams.
What you'll do
• Deliver high quality reusable PowerBI reports and dashboards as per business requirements.
• Liaison with HR teams, external stakeholders, including VP's and EVP's in order provide support and advice on various data related issues and escalate matters not resolved to the appropriate stakeholders.
• Respond to ServiceNow HR Report cases in a timely and consistent manner.
• Participate in daily scrum meetings, agile planning sessions and stakeholder reviews.
• Develop and maintain written process documentation, procedures and knowledge-based content.
• Provide reporting and analytics training and support to employees and leaders and be a champion for driving data driven culture within HR.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities to improve reporting and analytics. Ensure effectiveness and efficiencies, and communicate challenges, road blocks and ideas for improvement.
• In depth knowledge of PowerBI, including development, building and maintaining PowerBI workflows.
• In depth knowledge of reporting and analytics principles, data warehousing and data lakes.
• Familiar with AWS or Azure cloud environments, and how these are used to enable reporting.
• Problem solver with critical thinking skills including an aptitude to adapt to change and thrive in a dynamic and complex organization
• Highly motivated to work in an open team environment, employing a collaborative, continuous improvement and innovation mindset.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the capability to manage information, data and correspondence on multiple levels.
• Consistently deliver exceptional customer service with an ability to resolve inquiries in an effective and timely manner
• Managing competing priorities in a high-paced, deadline-driven environment while being flexible with changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and cross-functionally with stakeholders at multiple levels
• Exceptional judgement and discretion when dealing with confidential matters and working collaboratively with others.
Education / Experience:
• University Degree in relevant discipline
• Minimum of 10 years of reporting and analytics development experience, supporting various client groups including HR
• Minimum of 5 years in PowerBI development and support.
• Minimum 2 years' experience working with SAP data and reporting, including ECC, SuccessFactors (recruiting, onboarding and learning).
• Experience using ServiceNow, SharePoint and MS Teams is an asset
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.